May 5 Tour0
Date: 5 May 2012 (Sat) (Vesak Day! You should not be working cos its a public holiday …)
Please click ‘Going’ on the FB event page or call Keng Kiat (Mobile: 9790 3886) to let us know you are coming, how many paxes, or meet us at the meeting point at 9am. Feel free to say ‘hi’ if you are exploring the grounds!
Come join the jovial and engaging duo, Peter and Keng Kiat, as they bring you to some recent “discoveries” of pioneers’ tombs in Bukit Brown, ie, not found in the Bukit Brown DIY Walking Trail Map (SO FAR …) such as:
– Tan Tang Hoaj
We will also “drag” you to that hill less travelled, Hill 4, to visit some pioneers that are simply “craving” for your attention:
Peter, whose interest in Bukit Brown started with bird watching, will randomly point out plants and animals to you. This is not to show off his wonderful knowledge of the flora and fauna (chance encounters might include horses, monkeys, squirrels, spiders, and the resident cockerels) of the place, but simply to let us know what rich and beautiful biodiversity Bukit Brown has to offer. To fully enjoy what this space has to offer, bring a pair of binoculars!
So do join us for a morning walk in this special corner of Singapore, and find out for yourself why these two mad men had been visiting this place every other weekend … but more importantly, why it is worth conserving this historical and natural treasure trove!
Please take note:
2. Wear light breathable clothing. Long pants and long sleeves if you are prone to insect bites or sunburn. Bring sunblock and natural insect repellent.
3. Wear comfortable non-slip shoes as safety is important.
4. Do read up on Bukit Brown before going so you have a better understanding of the place (e.g. BukitBrown.com)
5. Do bring water, light snacks, poncho/umbrella, sunhat and waterproof your electronics and delicates.
6. Please go to the toilet before coming. There are NO facilities anywhere there or nearby.
========How to get there by MRT / Bus:
Bus services available: 52, 74, 93, 157, 165, 852, 855.
From North: Go to Marymount MRT and walk to bus-stop #53019 along Upper Thomson Road. Take Buses 52, 74, 165, 852, 855
From South: Go to Botanic Gardens MRT and walk to bus-stop #41121 at Adam Road, in front of Singapore Bible College. Take Buses 74, 93, 157, 165, 852, 855. Alight 2 stops later at bus-stop, #41141, just before Singapore Island Country Club (SICC), Adam Road. Cross the bridge, walk towards Sime Road, follow the road until you see Lorong Halwa.