Final Notice of Exhumation3
So the time has come….
LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
FINAL NOTICE OF EXHUMATION OF GRAVES (PART OF) AT
BUKIT BROWN AND SEH ONG CEMETERIES
First published in the Government Gazette, Electronic Edition, on 28th February 2013 at 5.00 pm.
NOTE: Link is live for 1 week only. Pls save file before then.
Key points extracted from Gazette
LTA would also like to inform claimants who have registered their claims of ancestors’ remains, that the exhumation of the Affected Graves will be carried out in stages after 15th April 2013. All registered claimants will be notifi ed via post prior to the exhumation date. No further notice or reminder will be issued after this Notice.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CLAIMANTS EXHUMATION AND CREMATION RELATING TO CLAIMED GRAVES.
- Each grave will be exhumed individually under the supervision of an officer from LTA.
- All exhumed remains will be cremated individually.
- The ashes will be placed in an urn and stored in a standard-size niche at a Government crematorium and columbarium.
- A standard-size marble plaque, inscribed with the name of the deceased and dateof death, if made known to LTA, will be installed over the niche.
- The above services will be provided by LTA without charge.
- Claimants may arrange to keep the ashes of the cremated remains at places of their own choice at their own cost.
- Claimants may engage their own contractor to exhume the graves at their own cost before 31st May 2013. LTA will bear the cost of cremation and provision of niches at a Government crematorium and columbarium.
- All Affected Graves which are not claimed by 14th April 2013 will be exhumed in accordance with Government practice for unclaimed graves and the remains cremated individually. The ashes will be kept by LTA and thereafter scattered at sea if they remain unclaimed within 3 years after the date of exhumation.